What is Family Law?
Family Law is a unique area of the court system that encompasses all matters related to the family.
1. Divorce (also called ‘Dissolution of Marriage’)
2. Paternity or Non-Paternity
3. Child Custody
4. Child Support
5. Modifications (of prior family court judgments)
8. Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Post-Nuptial Agreements
9. Orders of Protection
10. Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO)
Choosing an Attorney
Choosing your attorney is an important part of your family law case. It is essential that you have a comfort level with your attorney such that you feel confident your attorney is listening to your concerns and representing your best interests in the case. You are the person retaining the attorney so it is important you.